Parastream WallGen™ is a valuable
addition to any multi-platform development or testing operation. It can quickly
generate a custom wallpaper that can help users positively identify a machine and
configuration at a glance using text, graphics, and colors. WallGen can generate
small "ID stickers" with text and small graphic (click for an
example), or full-screen with a grid (click for an
WallGen is the tool we use internally in our development and QA departments. It’s
a part of our successful formula in creating multiple-platform applications, components,
- Identifies machines and configurations in test and multi-user environments.
- The grid option helps to design user interfaces for various screen sizes.
- Can place your company logo on the desktop.
- Create grids of various screen sizes to aid in creating user interfaces.
- Automatically sets initial text for system name, OS name and version, locale, and
browser name and version.
- Notes gives you complete control of the text.
- You can use the default Windows colors, or define your own.
- You can import your own logo or graphic, or have none at all (not available in the
- Multiple-platform testing environments, to identify the test machine’s configuration.
- Consultants working on multiple projects, to identify the development workstation’s
current project configuration.
- System administrators who perform remote administration, to identify the machine
they’re working on.
You may browse the on-line documentation here. You may also view the
WallGen requires a license per user on any number of machines. If you do not install
WallGen on a server, no additional licenses are ever needed. If WallGen is installed
on a server for access by more than one user, you must purchase additional licenses
for the number of users that may use WallGen. Each copy of WallGen comes with one
license. If you wish to order WallGen on CD and require more than one license, you
may order the additional copies as ESD instead of CD. The entire EULA is available for reading on-line.
There is a free demo available for WallGen. The free demo version is identical to
the standard version except that it does not allow you do turn off the built-in
Parastream logo in your generated wallpaper. There are no limits to the number of
wallpapers that may be generated, and the program does not expire. The licensing
of the free demo version basically says that you may freely distribute it as long
as you don’t modify it or charge a fee. The entire
Demo EULA is available for reading on-line.
- Microsoft Windows 95, 98, ME, NT 3.51, NT 4.0, 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista, Server
2008 or better.
- Minimum CPU and RAM requirements for the operating system.
- VGA display running 640x480 16 colors, or better.
Below are the part numbers for the different versions of WallGen. Orders for CD
media are shipped within 48 hours. ESD (Electronic Secure Delivery) orders will
receive instructions to download the product by email within 30 minutes. To order,
select the version from the list and click on the
button. If you have problems getting the order form to display after clicking the
button, try disabling your popup blocker.
PagePorter, Parastream Technologies and the Parastream Logo are trademarks
of Parastream Technologies, Inc. Parastream is a registered trademark of Parastream
Microsoft, FrontPage, Visual Studio, C#, J#, Visual Basic, and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.