Vintage Korg BX-3/CX-3 Repair Service Kit
The Parastream Vintage Korg BX-3/CX-3 Repair Service is a mail-in component-level
repair service designed for owners of Vintage BX-3 and CX-3 instruments in need
of repair who cannot find a suitable local repair shop. It is designed for:
- The do-it-yourself owner who is comfortable taking a screwdriver and “popping
the hood̵ on their instrument.
- A technician or repair shop to outsource repairs to the KLM-244 or KLM-308 board
that contains SM304A, SM305A or SM305B parts that are difficult to get.
- The only non-refundable investment you make is in the Repair Service Kit.
- We can repair almost any board. The exceptions are usually severe physical damage
(i.e. fire, broken board, or total parts meltdown).
- The cost of the kit includes up to one hour of diagnostic time. Any unused time
will be applied to a subsequent repair invoice.
- Any repair quote you get from us is binding. If the repair ends up taking more parts
or time, it comes out of our pocket.
- You get everything you need to remove and ship the boards to Parastream, including
shipping box, tape, prepaid shipping label, and detailed instructions with full-color
- All you need is a #2 Phillips screwdriver, available almost anywhere or from Parastream.
- Submit our on-line Service Request Form and describe
the organ's symptoms.
- Wait for a technician from Parastream to contact you. This may take several emails
to fully diagnose the problem.
- The outcome of the on-line diagnostic may go one of three ways:
- We cannot fix the organ because the problem is in a board that is not removable
- We can fix some or all of the organ's problems, but further conventional repair
may be necessary at a local shop.
- We should be able to fix the organ, and further conventional repairs should not
- If you agree to the terms of the repair service, order the “repair kit.”
All you'll need is a #2 Phillips screwdriver. If you need one, you may order one
- In a few days, you'll receive the repair kit. Follow the included step-by-step instructions
and remove the indicated board(s) from the organ. Using the supplied packing materials
and prepaid shipping label (USA only, includes $500 insurance), pack the boards
and drop the box in the mail.
- In a few days, you will receive a binding quote for the repairs. That is the cost,
no more, no less.
- If you decide not to proceed with the repairs, we'll return the boards to you –
you owe nothing. The box you will contain instructions to re-assemble the organ.
- If you decide to proceed with the repairs, follow our instructions to make advance
payment. We require advance payment because we often have to order non-stock parts.
- After the repair is complete, you are notified of the ship date and tracking number.
- The box you will receive will contain the repaired board(s) and instructions to
re-assemble the organ.
The cost of the kit includes up to one hour of diagnostic time. Any unused time
will be applied to a subsequent repair invoice. Our standard labor rate is $85 USD
per hour. Many simple problems are handled with the cost of the kit plus parts.
If you would like to view the instructions in advance to see what you would be getting
into, view the documents.
For international customers, please order the International Kit. It is the same
as the USA kit, but does not include any prepaid shipping. You'll have to make your
own arrangements to ship and insure the package back to Parastream in the
USA. Please insure the package, as we cannot be responsible for lost uninsured packages.
The return shipping cost will be added to the repair quote.
Pricing and Ordering
Please submit our on-line Service Request Form and
describe the organ's symptoms before ordering. To order, click on a
button. If you have problems getting the order form to display after clicking the
button, try disabling your popup blocker.
Parastream Technologies and the Parastream Logo are trademarks
of Parastream Technologies, Inc. Parastream is a registered trademark of Parastream
Korg is a registered trademark of Korg, Inc.